USB Keyboard Controller
MPK Road 88 Editor v1.2.0 Now Available in the Downloads Section
Velocity curve settings now selectable.
Great Feel, Superior Response, Road-Worthy Toughness
This is the MPK Road 88, a keyboard controller with Akai Professional’s exclusive Model-A premium 88-key velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch, 4-output USB soundcard, MIDI in/out connectors and three variable pedal inputs, all neatly integrated into a tough road-ready travel case with carrying handle. This is the ideal keyboard controller for the touring professional, combining both the great feel of hammer-action keys and the creative versatility of a built-in soundcard so you can incorporate your virtual instrument libraries seamlessly into your performance.
Model-A Keybed, an Akai Professional Exclusive, for Amazing Feel
As a serious professional keyboardist, you know that feel is everything. That’s what separates truly great instruments from ordinary ones. Akai Professional—a recognized industry leader in keyboard technology and innovation—has spent over two years of intense engineering research and development creating the Model-A keybed. This hammer-action, velocity-sensitive keybed delivers an incredibly natural and responsive feel, absolutely unmatched by any instrument anywhere near its price.
Getting the Most Out of Virtual Instruments
Virtual Instruments play a pivotal role in both studio music production and live performances, offering countless sounds and effects to shade and color your music. With Road 88’s integrated class-compliant 4-output soundcard and superior player-centric response, you can easily route your virtual instruments to mixers and monitoring sources simultaneously for a truly hassle-free setup. This keyboard enables you to manage and employ your VI collection to maximum effect, with a keybed designed for optimum expressive capability. Included with the MPK Road 88 are Akai Pro VIP, AIR Music Tech DB-33, AIR Music Tech Velvet plus AIR Music Tech Mini Grand for Road 88.
- 88-key fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- Key Split enables two different sounds from the same keyboard
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Works with virtually all MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection.
Type of action
- Fully weighted hammer action
- Aftertouch (Channel)
Number of Independent MIDI Ins/Outs
Programmable Continuous Footpedals
- 2 (expression pedal inputs)
- 1 (sustain pedal input)
- 51.7” x14.9” x 5.2” (WxDxH)
- 67 lbs